For the Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings (if whole, cut into sections; discard the wing tips or save for stock)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Pink Hymalayan salt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil
For the Seasoned Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Season the wings with salt and pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Grill the wings, covered, flipping occasionally, until they are golden brown, crispy and completely cooked through, about 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on the grill: if there are flare-ups or the wings begin to burn, move the wings to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat. You don't want grill marks on the wings; just a nice and even golden-brown colour.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Combine the melted butter in a bowl with the hot sauce, salt, pepper flakes, chili powder, tomato sauce, and Franks Hot Sauce.
- Set the caste iron pan on the grill and heat up the sauce.
- When wings are done, put in caste iron pan and cook on grill.