Saturday, March 22, 2008
Juice of 1 Lemon, lime, orange
2 TBSP Sweet Soy Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
salt - just a pinch
pepper - about 1/2 tspn
2 cloves garlic minced fresh ginger minced
1 tsp chili pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients and marinate salmon for 20 minutes
Bake at 350F until salmon flakes.
Sunday, March 09, 2008
2 cups milk, scalded
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raisins (or berries)
3 cups soft bread, torn into small pieces
Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
Combine sugar, eggs, nutmeg, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
3. Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with fruit and pour batter on top.
4. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
Inspired by Stacerella.
|1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped |
2 Apples - peeled, cored and sliced
3 Avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
1 tsp Lemon Zest
Juice of one lemon
1/2 cup of mango juice
1 clove Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt to taste
In a large bowl, toss together the, red onion, and lemon zest. Mix in the apple and avocado just before serving.
In a container with a lid, mix the mango juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Drizzle over the salad as desired.
Serve on a bed of baby greens
1 can of crab
2 tbsp of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder (more if you like it hot...)
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tsp Burmuda onion chopped fine
1/2 small can of water chestnuts, chopped fine
2 tbsp of candied ginger, chopped.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
shot of Tabasco sauce
One box of crustades
Fill crustade cups and top with capers, roasted red peppers, and a sprig of dill.
Labour intensive, but it's lovely little starter with a pleasant burst of flavour.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
1 lb of bacon
2.5 onions chopped in chunks
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped into chunks)
2 potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks)
1 tsp cracked pepper
4 cups of chicken stock
1 cup of water
1 bunch of fresh thyme (chopped fine)
salt or vegeta
1. Fry the bacon until almost crip.
2. Add the onions and garlic and fry until translucent
3. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat and add potatoes, carrots, celery, cracked pepper, fresh thyme and cook until soft.
5. Add water if it's too thick.
6. Add salt or vegeta to taste
7. When all is properly cooked blend with hand blender until relatively smooth.
Serve hot with a nice bun with butter.