2 packages of lady fingers
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup whipped topping
rind of one small lemon
juice of one small lemon
2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Layer one package of lady fingers in a greased 6x9-in. deep baking dish.
- In a small bowl, zest a small lemon and put aside. Squeeze juice into another bowl and add the 2 tbsp sugar and mix well. Brush 2 tablespoons of mixture over wafers.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove half of the filling
- Spread over lady fingers.
- Layer remaining lady fingers over top; brush with remaining lemon/sugar juice.
- Spread with remaining filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides from dish with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. covering with whipped topping when completely cooled.
- Sprinkle with coconut (optional)