Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Bacon and Potato Soup
1 lb of bacon
2.5 onions chopped in chunks
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks of celery (chopped)
1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped into chunks)
2 potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks)
1 tsp cracked pepper
4 cups of chicken stock
1 cup of water
1 bunch of fresh thyme (chopped fine)
salt or vegeta
1. Fry the bacon until almost crip.
2. Add the onions and garlic and fry until translucent
3. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat and add potatoes, carrots, celery, cracked pepper, fresh thyme and cook until soft.
5. Add water if it's too thick.
6. Add salt or vegeta to taste
7. When all is properly cooked blend with hand blender until relatively smooth.
Serve hot with a nice bun with butter.