Thursday, August 17, 2006

Spicy Pepper Cookies

The following is last nights try from some old Good Housekeeping recipe book I've had since The Mister and I got serious, and I realized I was going to have to expand my horizons in the area of cooking if we both weren't going to die of culinary boredom.
I was attracted to the name: "Spicy Pepper Cookies", and they turned out pretty well.
Only next time I'll add pecans or walnuts.
If you like Biscotti, and you like ginger cookies, you'll like these.
They're bite sized, and cute.

Spicy Pepper Cookies

1 3/4 cups of flour, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp), 1 large egg, 1/4 teaspoon each of: baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, white pepper. Preheat oven to 375F, combine ingredients and with mixer at low speed, beat ingredients until well blended.

The mixture will be crumbly; add 3 tsps of water and with your hands kneed until the mixture holds together. Yes. That's right, I wear gloves while I'm handling food.

Shape dough into a ball, and then using measuring spoon, pinch off 1/2 tsp at a time and roll into ball, placing 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 7 minutes or until cookies are a little golden. Let them cool on the sheets and store in an airtight container.

No comments: