- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 3 pieces of chicken (skin removed)
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 1-1 1/2 pounds kale, ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 carton of reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 or 2 cups of water (to cover meat and vegetables)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala,
- 1 small bunch of thyme tied together and discarded later
- 1 tsp tumeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegeta to taste
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry chicken until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chick peas and fry for about 1 minute.
2. Add chick peas and cook for about a minute.
3. Add kale and cook, tossing with a large spoon, until bright green, about 1 minute.
4. Add broth, and spices.
5. Add potato, chicken and thyme
6. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender and potatoes are cooked