Hey, I'm no Chef...Just a regular chick who doesn't have a hell of a lot of time.
These are my tried and true recipes, visually.
Sunday, July 24, 2016
German Butter Cake with Peaches
some butter for the baking tray
250 g heavy cream - 1 cup
butter - 2 sticks
1 Package baking powder (.5oz)
1 package Dr Oetker Vanilla sugar
4 tbsp milk
250 g sliced almonds
1 pinch salt
flour - 3 1/3 cups
1 cup sugar
- preheat oven to 350 F
_peel and cut fruit (I used peaches) and arrange on the bottom of baking pan (two peaches)
- grease a deeper baking tray, dust with flour. You also can use a high side sheet cake pan (see below) and layer it with parchment paper.
- mix heavy cream with half of the sugar and salt, mix very well by using a hand mixer.
- add eggs, sieved flour, I stick soft butter, 1 vanilla sugar and baking powder, mix well.
- spread the dough on the baking tray and bake for about 12-15 min.
- melt remaining butter, add remaining sugar, milk and almonds, mix well.
- spread this mix on the cake and bake for another 20-30 min until the almonds show a golden color.