Thursday, November 09, 2006

Almond Coconut Shortbread



Since I was forced to leave my office today due to a computer crash, and Christmas is already all around us...I thought I'd make some cookies.
I'll share them with my staff tomorrow, since the recipe yields more than The Mister could ever respectably consume.

You'll need:
2 cups of butter (at room temperature)
1 cup of icing sugar
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1 tsp Almond extract
3 cups of all purpose flour

Optional: 1 cup of shredded, sweetened coconut


Cream the butter and sugar until it's really fluffy.


Add the cornstarch, and almond extract and whip again. Add the flour one cup at a time and shield your eyes..it will fly.


Whip it until it looks like this...and then wipe down your counter and backsplash..:)


Add your coconut, if you're going to, and stir it in.


Drop onto parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheets by the teaspoonful.
Bake at 300F for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden.

Cool on rack.

These cookies will melt in your mouth...they should, look at the amount of butter in them!
Yields about 60 cookies.

No comments: