Sunday, February 04, 2007

Trinidad Saltfish Accra



I found this recipe for Trinidad Saltfish Accra at TriniGourmet.com and decided at the last minute to make it tonight for The Mister's Super Bowl get together, since I had all the ingredients and it's easier, and less labour intensive than my favoured Cod Fish Balls.

It's awesome!
It's settled, I'm adopting Sarina.
Now, I just have to convince her to move to Canada from Trinidad.
It'll be a hard sell, people.

INGREDIENTS:
1 egg
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 lb boneless saltfish
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon pepper sauce
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup water (inc. to 1 cup for gluten-free version)
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
1 tsp italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
Pepper and salt to tast

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time I'm coming to your blog. Very nice by the way. I see you have some trini dishes too. Keep up the good work.

Simply Tia said...

Making these this weekend!

Radmila said...

Tia...you should! They're delish.

Thanks raz...nice of you to say.