Sunday, February 08, 2009
Spiced Chicken Thighs
Very Flavourful dish.
* 3/4 tsp (3 mL) olive oil
* Cooking spray
* 1 cup (250 mL) sliced onion
* 2 tsp (10 mL) garam masala
* 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
* 1/4 tsp (1 mL) curry powder
* 8 chicken thighs (about 2.2 lbs/kg total),skinned
* 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry red wine
* 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
* 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
* 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
* Hot Sauce (optional)
Clean chicken with lemon. Combine garam masala, salt and curry powder; sprinkle evenly over chicken.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 minutes.
Remove onions from skillet. Set aside.
Add chicken to pan; cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
Add wine and vinegar; cook 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Add onion and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done; add some hot sauce while it's cooking.
Sprinkle on parsley. Serve chicken thighs with rice, couscous or noodles.