Friday, January 05, 2007

Roasted Red Peppers



Roasted red peppers are something that is on the Serbian table for every special occasion, but particularly at this time of year.
I could eat these with just bread, but it's generally served with dinner or with cold meat.
I love them.


First broil them until the skin is blackened, either on a grill or as I did here, in the oven...because I'm not going outside to do this in January.
Use shepherd red peppers, they're better.


Peel them (which is easy to do when the skin is blackened), and put them in a bowl.
Add garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and sugar to your taste


Mix it all together, and let it sit for awhile for the flavours to infuse.
Serve with cold meat, or do like I do and just eat them with a nice chunk of fresh bread.

No comments: